Lessons are given at the same time each week for either 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Most beginning students start with 30 minute lessons.
30 minutes — $23/lesson
45 minutes — $34.50/lesson
60 minutes — $46/lesson
- I teach Monday-Thursdays (no weekends). Fridays are reserved for make-up lessons.
- Most lessons are scheduled after school, with earlier times available to homeschooler and adults.
- I accept students 6 years old through adults. I do not start earlier than age 6. For private study, children need to be able to first read and write.
- Tuition is due at the first lesson each month for the entire month. Cash, check, Venmo, Zelle, or Apple Pay are all accepted.
- A $10/month discount will be given per family with more than one student.
- A $10 late fee per student will be charged if tuition is not received by the second lesson of the month.
- Parents are welcome to stay for the lesson or not. It’s completely up to you and how comfortable you and your child are.
24 hours notice should be given if you will be absent from your lesson. I understand that 24 hours notice can’t always be given due to illness or emergencies, so please let me know as soon as possible if you will miss your lesson. Tuition will not be refunded or credited for cancelled lessons. You may scheduled a make up lesson through the My Music Staff Portal. No make-up lessons will be given for a “no call/no show.”
IMPORTANT: Cancelled lessons must be made up by the end of each semester. Please contact me if you are not able to find a makeup time through the MMS portal that works for you. You are allowed 2 makeup lessons per semester, as well as 2 makeup lessons during the summer term. All makeup lessons expire at the end of each term/semester.
Tuition is non refundable, however you are not committing to a semester or year long contract. I understand that students choose to stop lessons for numerous reasons, so if you are needing to stop lessons, please give me as much notice as possible.
Lessons generally follow the Leon County school calendar. There are no lessons on Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, or Memorial Day. You will not be billed for those days. I also require that students sign up for a minimum of 4 lessons during the summer in order to hold your place for the fall. Otherwise, your lesson slot may be given to a student on a waiting list.
I will purchase books for each student and include them on the next month’s billing statement. Books for new students generally cost between $25-$30.
Yes, practicing is important! It is also very important to have a piano or full size, touch/weight sensitive keyboard at home to practice on. Each week you will be given written assignment of what to practice and how to practice it. Parents, please make sure younger children are in the habit of reading the lesson assignment each time they sit down to practice. Young children new to reading may need help at first with following their weekly assignment. A very beginning student may only start with 15-20 minutes a day of practice with time increasing the more advanced they become. It is important to come to your lesson with your books and having prepared. However, I understand that some weeks can be a struggle to fit practicing in. If you have not practiced on a given week, please do not cancel your lesson! There is still a lot to learn at a lesson even without practicing.
There are several TMTA events to participate in throughout the year for students who are ready and wish to do so including the Sonata-Sonatina Festival in February and District Student Day in May. Students are also encouraged to perform in my studio Christmas and Spring Piano Recitals held at one of the FSU Recital Halls.